Credit Union Membership
Who is eligible for membership?
Joining Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union is easy! All it takes is $6 to open a Share Account, which establishes your membership and gives you access to all our other great services. Our field of membership includes:
- Employees of the City of Virginia Beach and organizations of these individuals
- Volunteers performing regular duties and are assigned to the City of Virginia Beach departments or facilities
- Appointed members of boards and commissions of the City of Virginia Beach
- Members of the Virginia Beach City Council
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
- Persons retired as pensioners from the City of Virginia Beach
- Immediate family members of the above, defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild. For the purposes of this definition, this also includes step-parents, step-children, step-siblings and adoptive relationships.
When you open your account, it is the ideal time to open accounts for your eligible family members. Once your family members have joined, their family members also become eligible. Plus, family members can retain their Beach Municipal membership even in the event your account is closed. Family members are entitled to full membership privileges.
Membership vs. Joint Ownership
You can designate anyone as joint owner of your account. Joint ownership, however, is not the same as Beach Municipal membership. Joint owner(s) can make deposits or withdrawals from the joint account but are not an actual member/owner and do not enjoy the same benefits of a full membership.
Preserving Your Membership
Once you've joined Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union, you are entitled to use the services of your credit union for life. You can leave your employer, move, retire, and get married. Your membership is a foundation which can last a lifetime. Once a member, always a member!
How To Join
- Stop by one of our full-service branches and ask to speak with a Member Services Coordinator.
- Bring a non-expired government issued picture ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport or military ID). In lieu of a picture I.D., minors should present a birth certificate and a Social Security Card.
- You’ll need $6 – $5 to open and maintain your member share account and a $1 membership fee.
- Be sure to ask us how much money we can save you every month through our low auto loan and credit card rates!
Should you have questions concerning your eligibility with Beach Municipal FCU, please call us at 757.333.7787.