Beach Municipal FCU is often looking for highly qualified people to join our team. If you'd like to be a part of an organization equally committed to members and employees, contact us and join a team that shares your vision.
Position Title: Visual Marketing / Graphic Designer
Reports To: Vice President Marketing & Member Service
Responsible for coordinating all functions related to the creation, development, production and coordination of advertising, promotional and marketing materials.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and produce graphics/art for advertising, branding, promotional and marketing pieces, including, but not limited to, print, web, and branch merchandising.
- Work with the VP of Marketing & Member Service and other members of the Department to identify opportunities and create marketing programs that promote lending, membership growth and the Credit Union’s products and services.
- Have a working knowledge of the latest computer packages and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can have an impact on the design.
- Help ensure uniformity and consistency of style throughout the Credit Union in a way that supports our brand and identity.
- Work with vendors (i.e. printers, programmers, developers or other technicians) as necessary. Follow projects through completion.
- Provide administrative and coordination support for all Marketing Department projects and events.
- Manage and maintain a database of vendors for production of marketing materials.
- Design, maintain and update Credit Union website and employee extranet.
- Assists the Marketing Department with development of support materials to use in business development activities.
- Represent the Credit Union at designated SEG, community or Credit Union-related special events and programs. Promote Credit Union staff involvement in these activities as appropriate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the marketing plan for the Credit Union.
- Understand demographics in the field of membership and be able to develop recommendations for marketing programs.
- Understand Credit Union policies and procedures and ensure that all marketing-related activities conform to applicable regulatory and Board-mandated standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Project Management – clearly articulate project scope and objectives, deadlines and time management, understand organization and vendor capabilities and tracking and monitoring procedures.
- Artistic Sensibility – need imaginative flair, awareness of current fashions in the visual arts; creativity is essential.
- Effective Messaging - coordinate fonts, colors and lines to create a balanced composition while simultaneously conveying meaning.
- Technical Skill – ability to master creative software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator); be proficient in use of personal computer.
- Communication Ability – ability to effectively present ideas both verbally and visually; excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to deal effectively with professional contacts at all organizational levels.
- Problem Solving Ability – be able to troubleshoot problems and develop potential solutions.
- Work Habits - Ability to work independently with minimum of supervision; be organized and capable of handling many projects at once; be able to reprioritize as needed.
- Excellent, accurate writing skills stressing creativity, composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Capacity to work well with others and to resolve problems effectively.
- Physical Requirements – able to sit for long periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds and perform other tasks needed to decorate/design branches. Lifting, bending and ability to drive a must.
- Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent with additional pertinent position training.
- A minimum of two years job experience in a marketing capacity, preferably in a financial institution’s marketing department. Broad knowledge of industry operations, policies and procedures a plus.
This position description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising your position.
Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union, 4164 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA 23452, Attn: Human Resources
No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.