Beach Municipal FCU is often looking for highly qualified people to join our team. If you'd like to be a part of an organization equally committed to members and employees, contact us and join a team that shares your vision.
Position Title: Member Service Representative/Teller (Full-Time and Part-Time)
Reports To: Branch Manager
Performs various member savings transactions, share draft and credit account transactions, as well as member services, such as non-cash negotiable tellers sales, ATM and audio response set-ups.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform comprehensive prompt and efficient member transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, ticket sales, cashier’s check, gift card and money order sales, and check cashing.
- Receive share deposits, loan and MasterCard payments, post to credit union computer system and generate proper receipts.
- Receive payments for mortgage, consumer, credit card and share secured loans, ensuring that payments equal the amount due and all late charges and fees, if applicable, are collected.
- Provide members with the forms necessary to transact business at the credit union.
- Examine deposit or cashed checks for proper endorsements and negotiability. Apply the appropriate Funds Availability (Reg CC) hold to the account/deposit.
- Balance cash drawer daily and compare totals to computer-generated proof sheet. Report discrepancies to supervisor.
- Understand and cross-sell all services offered by the credit union.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone response to members’ requests, problems and complaints, and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Receive information and documentation pertaining to members’ accounts and route to appropriate departments.
- Assist members in opening all new accounts as needed.
- Process stop payments on share draft accounts.
- Process mail and night depository transactions.
- Provide routine information on credit union services or policies, including eligibility for membership, types of credit union accounts, insurance on loans, loan policies, interest rates, current dividend rates, locations, office hours, telephone numbers, and service center information.
- Perform other functions as required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent. Previous experience in handling money with a proven accuracy record. Member/customer service experience is helpful. Must be able to operate a computer and office equipment, typing skills essential. Good communication skills, team player, dependable, neat, detail oriented.
This position description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising your position.
Resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union, 4164 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA 23452, Attn: Human Resources
No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.