The following details the election process and provides information regarding the Annual Meeting. All members are invited to attend, so please mark your calendars and join us. We hope to see you there!
2021 BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION & ANNUAL MEETING
- The Nominating Committee has submitted nominations for three (3) seats for the Board of Directors. Nominations for vacancies may also be made by any member at least eighteen (18) years of age filing a written petition containing signatures of at least 95 members (one (1) percent of membership), a statement of qualifications and a signed statement agreeing to serve if elected with the Secretary of the Board of Directors, Lois Ritger, no later than 5pm, October 31, 2021.
- When there is only one nominee for each position to be filled, the election will not be conducted by ballot and there will be no nominations from the floor. If sufficient nominations are made by the nominating committee or by petition to provide more than one nominee for any position, ballots will be distributed to all members eligible to vote. To be eligible, members must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Election to the Board of Directors shall be determined by plurality of vote. Voting will be conducted by ballot box.
- Ballots, if necessary, may be cast from 9am, Tuesday, November 9, 2021, until 5pm, Thursday, November 18, 2021.
- Eligible members may also vote at the Annual Meeting if they have not previously cast a ballot. Nominations from the floor are not permitted at the Annual Meeting.
- The 2021 Election results will be announced during the 2020 Annual Meeting.
The 2021 Annual Meeting will be held at 6pm, Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at the Thalia branch office located at 4164 Virginia Beach Blvd.
Terms Expiring: Shane Hughes, Charity Stone, Teresa Tatem
Nominations Made by the Committee: Shane Hughes (incumbent), Charity Stone (incumbent), Teresa Tatem (incumbent)
2021 ELECTION QUALIFICATIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
Mr. Hughes joined the Board of Directors in 2017 and currently holds the position of Vice Chair. He is also Chairmen of the Supervisory Committee, a position he has held since 2014. He is an employee of Parks and Recreation and has been a member of the Credit Union since 2006.
Ms. Stone, who retired as a Senior Public Health Nurse from the Virginia Beach Department of Public Health in 2007, has been a member of Beach Municipal FCU since 1992 and a Board member since 2009. She has also served her community as a Ryan White Planning Council member.
Ms. Tatem began her career in 1983 when she became an employee of the City Treasurer of Virginia Beach. After 36 years, she retired in December 2019 as a Master Governmental Deputy Treasurer and continues to serve as a volunteer for the Treasurers Association of Virginia. A member of the Credit Union since 1988, she is proud to be a native of Virginia Beach and enjoys living the country life in the Pungo area of the city.