Start saving now.
The sooner you save, the more time you have for your money to grow. In addition to a regular savings account, you may want to consider some long-term investment options:
- Beach Municipal FCU Youth Share Certificates
- Beach Municipal FCU Coverdell Education Savings Account
- Virginia 529 College Savings Plan
If you earn good grades, you will increase your options for college and may also be eligible for scholarships in the future.
Learn about financing options.
Go to finaid.org to explore information about scholarships, loans, savings goals and much more. Some scholarship opportunities may even be at your back door!
- Every year, Beach Municipal FCU offers two educational scholarships of $2,500 to qualifying members.
- The Jack E. O’Conner Scholarship is offered annually and is open to members of any credit union in the Tidewater Chapter of credit unions, including Beach Municipal FCU.
Define your career goals early.
Different schools are geared towards specific courses of study.
- Community college courses are often less expensive than those offered by four year educational institutions.
- Depending on the institution, community college credits may often transfer to other colleges and universities.
* Costs based on 2013-2014 figures from the College Board