Membership With Beach Municipal FCU
Beach Municipal FCU membership is open to City of Virginia Beach and Public Schools employees, volunteers and their families.
Our field of membership includes:
- Full and part-time employees of the City of Virginia Beach and Virginia Beach City Public Schools, including the Adult Learning Center.
- Organizations of these individuals.
- Volunteers performing regular duties who are assigned to City or School departments or facilities.
- Appointed members of boards and commissions of the City of Virginia Beach.
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this Credit Union.
- Persons retired as pensioners from the City of Virginia Beach or Virginia Beach City Public Schools.
- Members of their immediate families, defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent or grandchild. For the purposes of this definition, this also includes step-parents, step-children, step-siblings and adoptive relationships.
When you open your account, it is the ideal time to open accounts for your eligible family members. Once your family members have joined, their family members also become eligible. Plus, family members can retain their Beach Municipal FCU membership even in the event your account is closed. Family members are entitled to full membership privileges.
You can designate anyone as a joint owner of your account. Joint ownership, however, is not the same as Beach Municipal FCU membership. Joint owner(s) can make deposits or withdrawals from the joint account but are not an actual member/owner and do not enjoy the same benefits of a full membership.
Once you've joined Beach Municipal FCU, you are entitled to use the services of your Credit Union for life. You can leave your employer, move, retire and get married. Your membership is a foundation which can last a lifetime. Once a member, always a member!
Go to main navigation