Beach Municipal FCU Education Scholarship Programs
Each year, your Credit Union offers two $2,500 education scholarships.
Applicants may fall into one of two categories:
Graduating high school senior (or equivalent) who has been accepted to and will attend an accredited college, university or trade school after graduation.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited college, university or trade school.
To be eligible for the Beach Municipal FCU scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a member of Beach Municipal FCU for a minimum of six months with an account in good standing prior to application deadline (joint owner status does not qualify).
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent as of March 31st of the year in which the application is submitted or as of the most current official transcript available.
- Complete a scholarship application.
- Submit an original essay of no less than 700 words and no more than 750 words on the topic published in the application.
Application packets are available on our website and in the branches beginning February 1st of each year. Deadlines for submission are in April.
Here's the thing: hundreds of millions of dollars in scholarship money is out there just waiting to be awarded. Many—if not most—of these scholarships are won by normal, everyday students with regular accomplishments. So why not you?
- The Leigh Ann Graham Scholarship is offered annually and is open any credit union that belongs to the Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Credit Union League, which includes Beach Municipal FCU.
- Sallie Mae®'s Scholarship Search Tool has a database of over 3.5 million scholarships worth more than $18 billion.
- Visit Scholarship Central, Virginia Beach City Public School's resource for locating various scholarships for high school students.
- The Elements of Money Scholarship is the EASIEST way to win scholarship money. Follow us on social media and we'll keep you updated on this annual opportunity.
When scholarships, financial aid and personal savings aren’t enough to cover all your school costs, you may want to consider a Sallie Mae® student loan to fill the funding gap. Whatever your goals, ours is to ensure you focus on your education, not the cost. Visit our Education Loan page to learn what Sallie Mae® can do for you.