Make Check Deposits From Anywhere With One Snap!
Make check deposits from anywhere with one snap using the Beach Municipal FCU Mobile Banking App! No more rushing to a branch or ATM to deposit your checks - just point, tap, and snap!
Mobile Deposit Benefits
Mobile Deposit offers many potential benefits:
- On-The-Go Convenience — With a smartphone or tablet and a secure internet connection, you can deposit checks anytime and from anywhere. No more rushing to the branch before it closes or waiting in line.
- Speed And Ease — The entire check deposit process can be completed in less than a minute.
- Security — With mobile deposit, check images are not stored on your phone after you take the photo with the app. Instead, they’re encrypted and uploaded directly to our secure mobile banking network.
How Do I Enroll In Mobile Deposit?
Just follow these three steps:
- Log into the Mobile Banking App.
- Tap "Deposits."
- Click on Enroll Now.
- Accept the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions.
It's that easy!
Need to download the Mobile Banking App? Visit the Mobile Banking App page for instructions and links to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Mobile Deposit FAQs
- Sign in to the Mobile Banking App.
- Choose the “Deposit” icon from the bottom navigation bar.
- Select "Deposit a Check" and the account to which you would like the money deposited. Only Primary Share (i.e. 01, 06, 07) and Primary Share Draft (i.e. 70, 71) accounts are eligible to receive deposits.
- Enter the check amount.
- The check must be endorsed by all recipients with Mobile Deposit Only at BMFCU written on the back.
- Take a photo of both sides of the check.
- Click "Make Deposit."
- You will receive an email notification when your check deposit has been accepted. It’s that simple!
There is no limit to the number of checks you may deposit per day, but all accounts have a $3,000 aggregate daily limit.
Mobile Deposit checks follow our normal Funds Availability Policy, so it depends on when you make the deposit and when the deposit is accepted/approved. Beach Municipal FCU, at its sole discretion, may place an additional hold on any item for a reasonable period until the settlement of the item is deemed to be complete.
|If you submit your deposit within the timeframes below:||Up to $225.00 is available:||The remaining funds of deposits are available:|
|Monday - Friday, prior to 4pm ET||Next Business Day||Second Business Day after approval - longer delays may apply|
|Monday - Friday, after 4pm and Saturday-Sunday||Second Business Day after approval||Fourth Business Day after approval - longer delays may apply|
|Federal Holiday||Second Business Day after approval||Fourth Business Day after approval- longer delays may apply|
For example, if you deposit a $500 check through Mobile Deposit on Monday before 4pm ET, $225 of the deposit will be available on Tuesday. The remaining $275 will typically be available on Wednesday (the second business day after approval).
All Beach Municipal FCU members, 13 years of age or older, who have been a member for at least 30 days and have accounts in good standing are invited to use Mobile Deposit. You must be enrolled in Virtual Branch Home Banking and download the Mobile Banking App to make deposits.
- Personal checks
- Corporate/business checks
- Cashier’s checks
- Government checks
Beach Municipal FCU reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine what items may be considered “Ineligible Items.” Ineligible items include, but aren’t limited to:
- Checks or items not payable in United States currency.
- Checks or items drawn on financial institutions located outside the United States.
- Money orders and Travelers Checks.
- American Express® Gift Cheques.
- Savings Bonds.
- Checks or items containing an obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check or items which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, to be fraudulent.
- Checks or items drawn or otherwise issued by you or any other party on any of your Beach Municipal FCU accounts.
- Checks or items previously converted to a substitute check.
- Fiduciary checks - any checks where the designated payee is an individual acting on behalf of another person.
- Checks from a closed account at another financial institution.
- Checks or items that are incomplete.
- Third-party checks.
If your deposit item is declined, a message will be sent to the email address on record indicating the reason for the decline. If you feel you need to discuss the matter in more detail, please contact our Electronic Services Department through our secure contact form or call 757.416.6161. Reasons that deposit items may be declined include:
- Ineligible check
- Missing signature
- Missing proper endorsement
- Duplicate check
- Poor image quality
- Daily deposit dollar amount exceeded
- Unacceptable item
We offer Mobile Deposit through our Mobile Banking App, which requires you to provide a unique username and password each time you access your account. All electronic deposits must be endorsed with the signature of the payee and “For Mobile Deposit Only at BMFCU.” By doing so, checks deposited through Mobile Deposit cannot be deposited again at Beach Municipal FCU or another financial institution. The Mobile Deposit approval process also includes a review of each deposited item and automatically detects duplicate deposits within 24 hours of submission.
Mobile Deposit keeps a history of your mobile deposits and check images for up to 45 days. To view your deposits, select the “Deposit History” button within the Deposits tab.
For your protection, retain the original check for at least 30 days AFTER receiving confirmation that your deposit has been accepted. When you’re ready to discard the check, mark it “VOID” and dispose of it in a way that prevents it from being presented for payment again (we recommend shredding the check). If an issue should arise and the original check is no longer available, please contact the issuer of the check to obtain a new copy that can be resubmitted for deposit.
Mobile Deposit is currently available on iOS 10.0 and above (iPod Touch 5th generation, iPhone® 4GS and above, iPad 2® and above) and Android™ OS 5.0 and above.
Open your phone’s app store and download the Beach Municipal FCU Mobile Banking App. Your login credentials on the new app are the same as your Virtual Branch Home Banking credentials.